Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Roman Polanski: Wanted and Desired


I just saw Marina Zenovich's documentary exploring the history and incidents surrounding the Roman Polanski case in 1977.  If you're a fan of film or film history you might enjoy this documentary; otherwise, I wouldn't waste my time on it.



It's very interesting and has lots of court room drama, but it lacked sustained attention-grabbing information.  The story of Roman Polanski's crimes and desertion are captivating, but only for so long.  Zenovich won an Emmy for the movie, so there is merit there, but to what extent?  I don't know.  I guess if you're a Polanski fan, or are a die-hard film fan (not like Die Hard, but just the cliche die-hard), or are really, really interested in film history, you would probably enjoy this one.  Either way, an opinion of Polanski is going to be established.

No comments: