Tuesday, March 4, 2008

American Gangster


My friend Tommy had been hyping up this movie for so long, and finally I had the time to watch it. It's a shame I didn't like it all that much.

There is nothing wrong with this film in particular. I liked the acting, the shots were good, it was interesting, and the music was fine. I am just sick of these mafia movies. I think
The Departed capped it off for me. There aren't many other movies like that one, and after so many years of those kind of movies, the pool of creativity in that genre is depleted.

I am not a big fan of
Denzel Washington. I don't think he is a bad actor at all, but I just do not enjoy his dramatic touch. There are only 2 of his movies that I really enjoyed. I liked John Q, but this movie is a C at best, and I really liked Glory -- that old movie on the Civil War. Denzel just doesn't appeal to me.
But I do recommend watching American Gangster at least once. I teetered on deciding whether or not watching this movie was a waste of my time or not. I decided that is was worth my time, barely.

1 comment:

Haley Hobson said...

I hated this movie! It was lame