Monday, March 10, 2008

The Darjeeling Limited


I know, WTF right?






This is Wes Anderson's new film starring Owen Wilson, Adrian Brody and of course, Jason Schwartzman. It's about 3 brothers who go to India to reconnect with their mother who is some kind of nun at an orphange. As in every Wes Anderson film, the main characters are peculiar and beyond strange. But for some reason, you connect with them. As strange as they are, you always find a simple, endearing way to relate with the characters.


My favorite
Wes Anderson movies are The Royal Tenebaums, Rushmore and Bottle Rocket. The DL has reignited my interest in Anderson's movies since first experiencing Rushmore and Bottle Rocket years ago. I will be renting The Life Aquatic and The Squid and the Whale this next week.

It's all about black, sardonic humor. I find mellow, strange-but-worry-free attitudes presented in Anderson's movies hilarious. Since watching Rushmore (my first Wes Anderson movie), I have been looking for someone that resembles a character from one of his movies. Sadly, this dream of mine has not come true, but I have hope.
The DL is a brilliant movie that showcases Wes Anderson at his best. If you are needing something new, a different perspective on things, this might not be the best choice. But maybe it is; I guess you'll have to find out for yourself.

No comments: