Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Semi-Disappointed


Semi-Pro, from what I heard, was going to rank somewhere in between Anchorman and Talladega Nights. I didn't think it got close. (Will Ferrell movie rankings)

Now I hesitate to say that, and I'm embarrassed to this: I didn't like Anchorman at first. Most of Will Ferrell's movies take time to grow on me. Usually, I think the movie is only mediocre, but after a second or third viewing, I fall in love. But I don't think that is going to happen with this one.

First off, its R when all the other Ferrell classics are PG-13. The reason for that is the "F" word. They did not use it sparingly in Semi-Pro. There were also some overly crude parts.

The worst part of it all is it wasn't that funny. I laughed throughout the movie, but the quality of humor in Semi-Pro doesn't match or even compare to that of Anchorman or Talladega Nights. It was sad and disappointing.

(I did like that Andre 3000 was in this movie though!)

No comments: