Wednesday, March 26, 2008

My New Favorite Actress - Jenna Fischer

So someone asked me who I thought was the hottest actress right now, and I had a hard time coming up with an answer. Most people say Jessica Alba, or Jessica Simpson, or Kate Hudson, or Paris Hilton, but I think all those girls are stupid. I have a hard time thinking a girl is attractive when I can't get over how incredibly dumb they are. (I don't think Kate Hudson is that dumb; I kinda like her.)

This week I'm showcasing one of my all-time favorite actresses, Jenna Fischer; or should I say, Pam? Jenna is one of the main characters of the hit show The Office starring Steve Carrell, John Krasinski, B. J. Novak and Rainn Wilson. This is my most favorite TV show ever I think, and Pam is a big part of that.

Jenna grew up in the Midwest and graduated from Truman State University in Missouri. She made her acting debut with the film 1998 Born Champion. From there, Jenna wrote and co-directed Lollilove, a mock-documentary that I hear is surprisingly hilarious. It is near the top of my list of movies I need to see. Lollilove was co-directed with her now-separated husband James Gunn. He is most known for his writing of Slither, Dawn of the Dead, Scooby-Doo 1 and 2, and The Specials. In 2007 Jenna was nominated for Best Supporting Actress in a Comedy for her cute role of Pam in The Office.


Here are some other interesting facts I found out about Jenna:
  • Took her first acting class with Sean Gunn (who stars as Kirk on WB's "Gilmore Girls" (2000) at the age of six in St. Louis, Missouri. The class was taught by her mother, Anne Fischer. Jenna and Sean stayed in touch over the years and in October 2000 she married his brother, writer/director James Gunn.
  • #37 in People Magazine's 100 Most Beautiful, 2006 issue.
  • Auditioned for the role of Sydney Bristow in "Alias" (2001), but was never called back. She later said, "They said they liked my acting but I wasn't hot enough.
  • Worked as a receptionist in various offices. Types 85 WPM with 90% accuracy.
  • Fractured her back in four places after falling down a set of stairs at the NYC bar, Baddakan, on May 15, 2007.
She is known for her roles in The Office, Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story, Blades of Glory, Slither, The Brothers Solomon, and the June release of The Promotion starring Seann William Scott and John C. Reilly.