Thursday, March 13, 2008

No Country For Old Men


I finally had the chance to see No Country For Old Men last night, and I really liked it. I didn't know what to expect, but that's how I like it.


[Spoiler]
I liked that this film was not sugar-coated. The good guy does not always win. Sometimes the bad guy gets away. Sometimes the cops do not put in all their effort into their cases. The world is not always a happy, perfect place. Actually, most of the time, it is not.
The style of the movie was awesome. It was patient and let things roll out like they really would had this happened. The acting was superb (Josh Brolin, Tommy Lee Jones and Javier Bardum) and the setting of West Texas could not have been better. I liked that these guys were real men. Each of them got shot (Llewelyn got shot a few times) and neither of them showed much pain. With the exception of Llewelyn's second or third shooting, neither of them went to the hospital. They mostly just took care of it themselves.

And the last thing I really enjoyed was the name Llewelyn. That's my middle name.

No comments: