Thursday, March 27, 2008

Galaxy Quest Gems


While doing a little movie research for another post I'm working on, I discovered something I thought was interesting and at least a little bit cool.

Do you remember the movie Galaxy Quest starring Tim Allen? It wasn't great but it had some pretty decent actors in it. My favorite actor in the movie was Rainn Wilson, most known as Dwight Schrute from the TV series The Office. He plays the role of Lahnk, one of the weird alien foursome. Another notable actor from that awkward foursome is Jed Rees. I know that name probably doesn't ring a bell; it didn't when I read it. But his face is one of those faces. I remembered it from somewhere, and after a couple minutes of thinking, I remembered. He is Glen from The Ringer starring Johnny Knoxville and Brian Cox. The Ringer was a movie worth seeing twice in your life, maybe. The only reason I remember it is because my cousin Jeremy is obsessed with it; and consequently, I've seen it over the twice-a-life limit.
Those were the first two actors I noticed, but then I saw more really good actors. A lot more. Here are the rest of the crop:


This post started off as a little interesting discovery, but it turned into an effing web of film and TV relations. The point is: Galaxy Quest sucked, but had a lot of good actors that are making names for themselves currently.

No comments: