Friday, March 14, 2008

Vampire Weekend

This is a band I've been meaning to check out. I don't know much about them and I've only heard a handful of their songs.
"A-Punk" was the first song I heard of their's, and it is great. It has a fun, Ok Go-type feel to it. That might not be the best comparison, but I think both of those bands' music sound fun and energetic. Their music video for "A-Punk" is fun to watch as well. I guess that would make sense; fun song with a fun music video.

Vampire Weekend is reportly the best new band of 2008, according to Spin magazine. They appeared on the Late Show with David Letterman and SNL last month. They toured with The Shins (who are amazing!) last year. So basically, they are hot right now.
Songs I would recommend (with my limited exposure to them) are:

No comments: